读一读 · HSK 2 阅读 · philosophy
鱼快乐吗
Are the Fish Happy
生词 · New in this passage
你看,桥下的河里,鱼在游泳,很快乐!
Look, under the bridge in the river, the fish are swimming, so happy!
你不是鱼,你怎么知道鱼快乐?
You're not a fish. How do you know the fish are happy?
你也不是我,你怎么知道我不知道鱼快乐?
You're not me either. How do you know that I don't know the fish are happy?
这不是回答我的问题。你还没有说,你怎么知道?
That's not answering my question. You still haven't said how you know.
我知道这不是真的回答。但是你也不是鱼,所以你也不知道鱼是不是快乐。
I know that's not a real answer. But you're not a fish either, so you don't know if the fish are happy or not either.
这个问题真有意思,可能没有人能回答。
This question is really interesting. Maybe no one can answer it.
你们说的问题,我在书里看到了!两千年以前,也有两个人问了一样的问题。
The question you two are talking about, I've seen it in a book! Two thousand years ago, two other people asked the same question.
真的吗?两千年以前的人也说鱼快乐?
Really? People two thousand years ago also said the fish were happy?
对。他们叫庄子和惠子,也是在桥上,看着河里的鱼。庄子说鱼很快乐,惠子说庄子不是鱼,怎么知道鱼快乐。
Yes. They were called Zhuangzi and Huizi, and they were also on a bridge, looking at the fish in the river. Zhuangzi said the fish were happy. Huizi said Zhuangzi wasn't a fish, so how did he know the fish were happy.
这和我们说的一样!庄子怎么回答惠子?
That's the same as what we just said! How did Zhuangzi answer Huizi?
庄子说,惠子也不是庄子,怎么知道庄子不知道鱼快乐。
Zhuangzi said, Huizi wasn't Zhuangzi either, so how did he know Zhuangzi didn't know the fish were happy.
所以两千年以前,在桥上的两个人的问题,到现在也没有人知道谁对?
So the question those two people had, on a bridge two thousand years ago, still has no one who knows who's right, even now?
对,两千年以前的问题,现在也没有人知道谁对。
Right, a question from two thousand years ago, and even now no one knows who's right.
我觉得惠子说得对,庄子没有真的回答问题。
I think Huizi has a point. Zhuangzi didn't really answer the question.
我觉得庄子说得也对。他的意思是,一个人真的能知道别人吗?
I think Zhuangzi has a point too. His point is, can a person really know another person?
你们说得都对。这个问题从两千年以前到现在,还是一样有意思。
You're both right. This question, from two thousand years ago until now, is still just as interesting.
好,我们也在桥上,看着河里的鱼。你觉得,鱼是不是真的快乐?
Okay, we're also on a bridge, looking at the fish in the river. What do you think, are the fish really happy or not?
我不知道,但是我觉得看鱼游泳,很有意思。
I don't know. But I think watching the fish swim is very enjoyable.
看懂了吗 · Check yourself
What were the two friends looking at from the bridge?
河里的鱼
What were the two ancient philosophers called?
庄子和惠子
Why did Huizi say Zhuangzi could not know if the fish were happy?
庄子不是鱼
Does the passage say who won the argument?
没有人知道谁对





