读一读 · HSK 2 阅读 · philosophy
你不用回报我
You Do Not Have to Pay Me Back
生词 · New in this passage
外面下雨了,你怎么没有伞?
It's raining outside. Why don't you have an umbrella?
我出来的时候没有下雨,没想到会下雨。
It wasn't raining when I left. I didn't expect it to rain.
我这儿有一把伞,你借去吧。
I have an umbrella here. Borrow it.
真的可以借我吗?我们不认识。
Can you really lend it to me? We don't even know each other.
没关系,你没有伞,我就借你,这是小事。
It's fine. You don't have an umbrella, so I'll lend you mine. It's a small thing.
谢谢你!明天我送回来给你。
Thank you! I'll bring it back to you tomorrow.
好,你有时间的时候给我就好。
Okay, whenever you have time is fine.
老王,这把伞给你,谢谢你昨天借我。
Old Wang, here's your umbrella. Thanks for lending it to me yesterday.
不用谢,这是小事。
No need to thank me. It's a small thing.
这是我送你的礼物,谢谢你昨天帮我。
This is a gift for you, to thank you for helping me yesterday.
你不用送我礼物,伞给我就可以了。
You don't need to give me a gift. The umbrella is enough.
但是我借了你的东西,我想给你一点儿回报。
But I borrowed something from you. I want to give you a little something back.
我不想收,你想谢我,我知道,礼物真的不用。
I don't want to accept it. I know you want to thank me, but truly, no gift is needed.
但是如果不给你东西,我会不好意思。
But if I don't give you something, I'll feel embarrassed.
为什么你想给我东西?我借你伞,你把伞给我,一样了。
Why do you want to give me something? I lent you the umbrella, you gave the umbrella back to me. We're even.
因为你借我伞的时候,我们不认识,我想让你知道我是好人。
Because when you lent me the umbrella, we didn't know each other. I want you to know I'm a good person.
你是好人,这和礼物没关系。
You're a good person. That has nothing to do with the gift.
我觉得这不一样。我不想欠你。
To me, it's not the same. I don't want to owe you.
你不欠我,这不是欠。
You don't owe me. This isn't about owing anything.
但是我觉得,别人帮你,应该有回报。
But I think, when someone helps you, there should be something back.
如果每次都要回报,那朋友和不认识的人就一样了。
If every favor required repayment, then friends and strangers would be the same.
但是我们不是朋友,所以我觉得回报是应该的。
But we're not friends, so to me, repaying a favor is the right thing to do.
我知道你的意思,但是我不想收礼物,这是真的。
I understand what you mean, but I really don't want to accept a gift.
你收了吧,好吗?
Please just accept it, okay?
好吧,礼物我收下,谢谢你。下次不用再给我东西了。
All right, I'll accept the gift, thank you. Next time, you don't need to give me anything again.
好。但是如果下次我也想谢谢你呢?
Okay. But what if next time I still want to thank you?
那我也不知道。可能这就是回报的问题。
Then I don't know either. Maybe that's exactly the problem with repaying a favor.
看懂了吗 · Check yourself
Why didn't the stranger have an umbrella that day?
没想到会下雨
What does the stranger bring back the next day, besides the umbrella?
礼物
Does 老王 want to accept the gift at first?
我不想收
According to 老王, what would happen to the difference between friends and strangers if every favor required repayment?
那朋友和不认识的人就一样了





